As you’ll know by now (we might have mentioned it once or twice!), there are big changes on the way when it comes to your VAT returns. From April 2019, you’ll have to keep digital records and use digital software to submit your returns under ‘Making Tax Digital’.
So, what will your options be?
What we’re suggesting is that you look at moving to an online accounting system. The technology means we can do your returns even more cost effectively, and will also save you time, so you can get on with what’s important to you.
There’s one system in particular we’re recommending – and that’s the market leader, Xero (www.xero.com/uk).
5 key reasons for choosing Xero
- The main one is that we think it’s easy to use and therefore minimises the work it takes to keep your accounts and your VAT returns up-to-date.
- The dashboard is easy to understand, even if you’re not an accountant.
- It puts you in control – from seeing important numbers at a glance, to reconciling your bank accounts more easily.
- Xero is designed to use on the go. You can use the app to photograph your receipts and enter your purchases.
- It’s easy to integrate with compatible apps that can make your life even easier. Because it’s the market leader, there’s a great range available.
What about actually making the move to online accounting?
It will take a bit of time to get used to any new package – especially if you haven’t used cloud accounting before. One of the reasons we recommend Xero is that we think it’s straightforward to set up. Plus, we’re here to help. As well as offering you day-to-day advice, we can also give you face-to-face or telephone training so you can get started on the right foot. There is a charge for this training, but we have a range of options available – just ask us for details.
This was originally published in our Newsletter, if you would like to receive future copies as they are published, please drop an email to prosper@Mullen Stoker.co.uk