Who we are:
We are a long-established firm of Chartered Accountants & Business Advisors based in Durham, who act for a broad range of clients, from sole-traders to multi-million pound businesses.
We are after an Accounts Assistant who will support our Client Care Managers in delivering excellent client service.
Principle duties will include:
- Preparation of sole trader accounts for manager review
- Preparation of company accounts for manager review
- Business tax computations for manager review
- Corporation tax returns for manager review
- Self Assessment returns for manager review
- VAT returns
- Supporting the managers and clients with any bespoke queries
You will be responsible managing your own workload in a timely and efficient manner, while all the time ensuring we exceed client expectations.
There will be opportunity to develop the role further.
Who you are:
You are a team player, but are equally happy working on your own.
You will be able to prepare accounts to draft, and you will have at least 3 years’ experience working in an accountancy practice.
You are innovative, with a drive for constant improvement, brimming with ideas, with the energy to make them happen. You should be eager to roll up your sleeves and get involved. We are looking for ‘doers’.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a great eye for detail.
The position requires great confidence, organisational and administration skills, and applicants must have excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office. A working knowledge of Cloud accounting software such as Xero and Kashflow & IRIS accounting software is preferable.
- Salary depending on experience and skill set
- Employee Perk Platform
- Free Parking
- Great holidays / flexible working
- Early finish on a Friday
- You get to work with Great people in a Great environment!
If you fit the criteria above, we’d love to get to know you a bit better!
Send us your CV and cover email, to Chris Bond, at cb@Mullen Stoker.co.uk.
We look forward to hearing from you!